Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Abe HD is the name currently given to the 2.5D remake of Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee being made by Just Add Water. Unlike the remastering of Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath, which is essentially using the same engine with higher-quality assets, this is a complete remake using a new 3D physics engine. No platforms will be confirmed for some time.
The possibility of a 2.5D Oddworld game was introduced to fans in June 2010 when AbeMudokon mentioned it in a conversation on Twitter, but that was before it was announced Just Add Water were working with Oddworld Inhabitants and revealed that AbeMudokon was an official account. Just Add Water planned to announce Abe HD at E3 2011, but Lorne Lanning revealed the project in an interview with EGM, a fact that was published in January 2011.
- Just Add Water (29 January 2011). ‘Contrary to what has been said on some websites, we have NOT confirmed ANY platforms, and we won't be for a while yet.’. Twitter.
- AbeMudokon (28 June 2010). ‘@dammit_rab how about 2.5?’. Twitter.
- Xavier (13 July 2010). Post 171 in ‘Oddbox News’. Oddworld Discussion. Oddworld Forums.
- Oddworld Inhabitants (29 January 2011). Status. Oddworld Inhabitants’ Wall. Facebook.
- Upit1 (29 January 2011). ‘EXCLUSIVE: Lorne Lanning Creator of Oddworld reveals the plans to return to Oddworld.’. Gamersspot.com.