Oddworld: New ’n’ Tasty
Oddworld: New ’n’ Tasty is the 2.5D remake of Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee developed by Just Add Water. Unlike the remaster of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath, which was essentially using the same engine with higher-quality assets, New ’n’ Tasty is a complete remake using a new 3D physics engine.
In February 2011, Stewart Gilray revealed that QuikSave and the GameSpeak from Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus would be used.:4 A poll Gilray created on the Oddworld Forums asked members whether they’d prefer to see an HD remake of Abe’s Oddysee, Abe’s Exoddus, a combination of both stories told via flashbacks, or a totally new Abe title. 39 voters (66%) said they’d rather have a new game.
The possibility of a 2.5D Oddworld game was introduced to fans in June 2010 when AbeMudokon mentioned it in a conversation on Twitter, but that was before it was announced Just Add Water were working with Oddworld Inhabitants and revealed that AbeMudokon was an official account. Just Add Water planned to announce Abe HD at E3 2011, but Lorne Lanning revealed the project in an interview with EGM, a fact that was published in January 2011.
- Gilray, Stewart (12 February 2011). ‘Just Add Water Interview’ by Dean Palfreman. Game-Pad. (web archive)
- AbeMudokon (31 January 2011). ‘@Klarden yup and yup :)’. Twitter.
- AbeMudokon (14 February 2011). ‘@Hyperpower22 both, and no date yet’. Twitter.
- Just Add Water (29 January 2011). ‘Contrary to what has been said on some websites, we have NOT confirmed ANY platforms, and we won't be for a while yet.’. Twitter.
- Oddworld Forums members (31 January 2011). ‘A question about a new Abe game ...’. Oddworld Discussion. Oddworld Forums.
- AbeMudokon (28 June 2010). ‘@dammit_rab how about 2.5?’. Twitter.
- Xavier (13 July 2010). Post 171 in ‘Oddbox News’. Oddworld Discussion. Oddworld Forums.
- Oddworld Inhabitants (29 January 2011). Status. Oddworld Inhabitants’ Wall. Facebook.
- Upit1 (29 January 2011). ‘EXCLUSIVE: Lorne Lanning Creator of Oddworld reveals the plans to return to Oddworld.’. Gamersspot.com.