Developer Just Add Water have today announced that development is complete on the HD remake for Oddworld: Strangerâ€™s Wrath. The complete changelog, posted on JAWâ€™s website, is as follows:
CharactersSeveral of the changes are directly related to the PlayStation 3, and could possibly change on other platforms. The release date has not yet been confirmed, but will be announced soon.
- All 84 character models have been updated with increased polygon counts and higher resolution textures.
- This includes all three variations of Live Ammo: Those in the environment, those on the Crossbow and those in the General Store.
- Wolvark Sloghandlers now release Slogs instead of Slegs.
- Professor Dimble now has glasses and an academic tome.
- Joâ€™ Mamma has a deeper voice.
- All environments have been given higher resolution textures.
- Most vegetation has been updated with increased polygon counts and/or higher resolution textures.
- A lot of environment is now reflected in water where it didnâ€™t before.
- Pipes and barrels rounded.
- Added Blisterz Bootyâ€™s broken crud gun to the floor by his bolaâ€™d body, as it is in the opening CG Cinematic.
- Sektoâ€™s Office has been changed to more closely resemble than seen in the CG Cinematic.
- All game audio (voice, sound effects and music) have been upgraded to 16-bit 44KHz from 8-bit 11KHz or less!
- Support for 5.1, Dolby Digital and DTS.
- New female voices have been recorded for two characters.
- Everything now runs at 720p, 60 FPS, widescreen.
- All UI menus have been updated with a new design based on original unused concepts.
- Textures added to stamina and bounty bars.
- Save game GUIs replaced with standard PlayStation 3 interface.
- New posters now occupy the inventory menu when no bounty is accepted.
- MLAA â€“ Full screen PS3 only anti-aliasing
- All armour upgrades now actually increase Strangerâ€™s health.
- Added difficulty levels to the game: Easy, Medium and Hard.
- In easy mode:
- Stranger has twice the health.
- Enemies have half the health and stamina.
- Enemiesâ€™ stamina recovers half as fast.
- In hard mode:
- Stranger has a third less health.
- Enemies take a bit more to kill
- 37 trophies: 23 bronze, 8 silver, 5 gold, 1 platinum o 18 of these are brand new, not in the PC port.
- Unlockable concept art and movie extras for completing each region of the game.