Oddworld: Soulstorm patches
The first patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released on , the day after the game released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Epic Games Store. Simultaneous to the announcement of its release, Oddworld Inhabitants reported that a previously anticipated crash that would potentially occur in the PlayStation 4 version of the game had not been witnessed and could not be replicated by the team.
Patch notes for 1.05 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below (annotations for abbreviations are added by Oddworld Library).
- News Soundbite VO in Train Hijack level changed
- Ranking in PS5 leaderboards is now correct
- Fixes for several cases of Abe becoming softlocked in rare circumstances
- Fix on PC for Keyboard and Controller remapping when language is set to Russian and Japanese
The second patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released for all platforms on , two days after the previous patch.
Patch notes for 1.06 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below.
- Improvements to cover in The Blimp (more to come here)
- Prevented the player being able to loop around in Phat Station and get stuck
- Abe now connects to monkey bars much more reliably (more improvements coming here too)
- Fixed Mudokons occasionally being reluctant to enter lockers
- Fixed unresponsive Sligs after they’ve been on high alert
- Slap mines will now turn on/off as expected, whichever is closest to Abe when activated
- Streamer mode timer now stops when the game is paused or focus is elsewhere (PC)
- Fixed Stoopy and Alf occupying the same space during the cutscene at the end of The Ruins
The 1.06 patch was announced on Oddworld.com alongside the release of patch 1.05, on . Oddworld Inhabitants mentioned it would be released ‘
in just a few days’, reporting that its contents would include ‘
fixes for some rude Sligs that are, in rare cases, ignoring Abe and some strange behavior when Abe is turning off the timed toggle mines in a few areas’.
The third patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released for all platforms on , one week after the previous patch.
Patch notes for 1.07 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below (annotations for abbreviations are added by Oddworld Library).
- Mudokons now throw given items at Sligs after dying and reloading a save
- Improvements to Slig AI
- Spender statistic can now be improved on repeated playthroughs
- Fixed control lockup in levels with many flares
- Door interaction is now prioritized over pickpocketing
- Mudokon Followers will follow Abe regardless of how far Abe gets from them
- Restart Level from the Pause Menu now has a confirmation step
- Fixed Sawblade getting stuck in the down position in Necrum, which was blocking progress
- The Good Ending video will now play when conditions are right
- Explosions now explode more reliably
- Cured Mudokon followers no longer show prompt to be Healed a second time when hit by Sligs
- Removed option to Continue to the next level from the End of Level Summary screen when in Level Select mode. This was a bug, Level Select mode is supposed to be self-contained levels!
- Tweaked cover in The Blimp level so that it is easier to avoid being hit
- Rebalanced Slig Mama to make it easier to complete the Hijack the Train level.
- Changed the counter for savable Mudokons in The Ruins so that it now shows the correct figure of 200.
- The game will no longer crash when run on systems set to Arabic.
The 1.07 patch was announced on Oddworld.com alongside the release of patch 1.06, on . Oddworld Inhabitants mentioned it would be released ‘
within the next few days’, reporting that its contents would include ‘
improvements to Sligs in The Blimp and some unexpected Mudokon behavior in one of the very late levels being fixed’.
The fourth patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released for all platforms on , two weeks after the previous patch.
Patch notes for 1.08 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below (annotations for abbreviations are added by Oddworld Library; ‘CD’ stands for ‘Comet Depot’, the name for FeeCo Depot during the development of Soulstorm).
- Players can now turn off the main HUD UI in the Settings
- Players can now turn off the badge alerts in the Settings
Level-specific bug fixes:
- Multiple fixes for out of world jumps in certain levels
- Potential progression blockers fixed in Brewery and Slig Barracks
- The moving Royal Jelly fixed at the end of CD Yards
- Motion detectors fixed in Necrum
- Sorrow Valley’s Flying Slig explosions fixed
- Fixes for Sanctum respawn issues
- Fix for the train not being at the end of Phat Station under certain situations
- Sorrow Valley missing bird portal fix
- rocksaw audio fix in Necrum
- lockers fixed in The Ruins
- fix for trellis door being closed
- fix for the blimp in the Blimp level being visible in certain circumstances
- further fix for incorrect Mudokon count in The Ruins
- the lever in the Flying Slig section in Sorrow Valley now opens the electric gate, removing the requirement to kill all six Sligs first
- Considerable improvements to monkeybar edge detection
- Fix for Abe being stuck when dropping from the bottom of a climbable surface
- fix for Abe spawning crouched
- fix for Abe clipping through platforms after crouching after a double jump
- fix for Abe getting stuck on tiny platforms
AI/NPC bug fixes:
- Sligs no longer float when in certain states
- Sligs now react to mortars better, especially in the Blimp level
- Slig AI fix related to going to sleep in the middle of an alert animation
- further fixes for when Sligs stun sick Mudokons
- fix for stuck post processing FX on chanting
- fix for softlock when spamming the interact button on an empty locker
- Slig AI behaviour fixes with respect to beating
- Sligs in the distance now react properly after their gun overheats
- Sligs chasing Abe when he goes into a crawlspace no longer present weird behaviour
- Sligs can no longer shoot abe through a climbable surface
- Sligs now move towards disturbances when they hear or see them
- Sligs no longer get stuck in an idle state
- UI freezing fixed when a Mudokon needs an antidote
- various PlayStation Trophy fixes
- timer fixes for Streamer Mode
- multiple italian and german localisation improvements
- badge count fixes
- fix for UI being visible after end credits
- accented characters in the UI fixed
- fixed PS5 crash issue on suspend
The 1.08 patch was announced on Oddworld.com alongside the release of patch 1.07, on . Oddworld Inhabitants did not mention a release window for it, but reported that its contents would include ‘
an option for players to turn off the HUD and Rewards Badges pop ups’ (annotations for abbreviations added by Oddworld Library).
- Oddworld Staff (). ‘Oddworld: Soulstorm 1.05 Patch Now Available’. News. Oddworld.com.
- Oddworld Staff (). ‘Oddworld: Soulstorm 1.06 Patch Available Now’. News. Oddworld.com.
- Oddworld Staff (). ‘Oddworld: Soulstorm Patch 1.07 Now Available’. News. Oddworld.com.
- Oddworld Staff (). ‘Oddworld: Soulstorm 1.08 Patch Now Available’. News. Oddworld.com.