Oddworld Forums Minecraft server
The Oddworld Forums Minecraft Server is a Minecraft server hosted for members of the Oddworld Forums to play multiplayer survival together. It was created by dripik on 22 February 2011 and is currently hosted by Havoc. Its operators are dripik, Havoc, Max the Mug and Splat.
The seed for the world is -2660950596850204536.
The spawn area is located on a partly snowy, partly forested peninsula in a partly frozen sea, usually referred to as the main island. The original main base was started by dripik on 22 February 2011 and currently includes commen storage, dormitories, a portal room, mineshaft and map room. It is connected to the railway network via Genesis Station, and by subway to the farm complex and Ontrukkan Keep.
The peninsula contains the farm complex, a set of buildings that includes the Old Mill (common food storage) built by dripik, greenhouse and farm cottage built by Max, and combined wheat and mushroom automatic farm also built by Max. The mushroom farm, greenhouse, cottage and Old Mill are connected to each other, the main base, the Old Mill Station and Ontrukkan Keep by subway.
The penisula also contains Max’s sky village (which grew out of the original treehouse, and which supplies the water to the autofarm) and Yaucht Club, the Cursed Pick Cave, Splat’s creeper face, Dynamithix’s tower, crashpunk’s docks and DarkHoodness’s mining shack and cactus beach. It connects to Castle Pyke via drawbridge, to Ontrukkan Keep via subway, to the north via bridges, and to the south via land bridge.
North and west
To the north and west of Genesis is a large area of heavily developed tundra and frozen sea that includes the main homes of crashpunk, enchilado, Wings of Fire, Ridg3, E'l Scrabino, Phylum and dripik, as well as Splat’s Dark Tower, the ScrabTrapMan Memorial and Hate Club (formerly the GenericError Hate Club), the apartments, dripik’s maze, Manco’s Shack, Max’s igloo and feather farm, Scraby’s TNT cannon, dripik’s and crashpunk’s treehouses, and RuptureFarms.
The immediate north shore is decorated with three large wool monuments: Splat’s ghast face, Max’s Oddworld logo and crashpunk’s happy Mudokon face. Crashpunk’s Honeydew face monument is nearby. Further afield are the lava lake, main homes of OddHunter and T-nex, the cactus desert, Terrifying Cave, Terror Valley and crashpunk’s 2Fort.
To the east of Genesis are a series of sand islands and beaches and a large gravel coastline. In this area are the main homes of Splat and Havoc, Hotel Montecito, Ontrukkan Keep and the stalactite cave.
To the south of Genesis are the main homes of Hulaabeo, Munch's Master and Max, as well as Mancolia, the mountain shelter and Survival Island. Further south is a region of high ocean density which includes the Clayaceous Sea and the Gravelaceous Sea.
Main parts of the map are connected via a railway network primarily designed and constructed by DarkHoodness.
- The main red line runs from Nile Lair to WoF Interchange Point via Munch's Master’s home, Castle Pyke, the Yaucht Club, Genesis Depot and the Apartment Blocks, with interchanges at Nile Lair, Castle Pyke and Genesis Depot. It is expected to be extended further north to the lava lake and Manco’s Lair.
- The yellow line connects Nile Lair and the Mountain Shelter via Buncible Compound.
- The purple line is a one-way circular trip from Nile Lair around the nearest side of RuptureFarms.
- The brown line connects Castle Pyke and Mole’s Burrow.
- The blue line connects Genesis Depot, Old Mill Depot and Hotel Montecito via a three-way junction. The Montecito limb of the line extends to Talpstar’s Lair.
- The green line connects Genesis Depot and 2Fort via Wariopunk Station, E'l Scrabino Station and Phylum’s home.