Oddworld: Soulstorm patches
The first patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released on 5 April 2021, the day after the game released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Epic Games Store. Simultaneous to the announcement of its release, Oddworld Inhabitants reported that a previously anticipated crash that would potentially occur in the PlayStation 4 version of the game had not been witnessed and could not be replicated by the team.
Patch notes for 1.05 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below (annotations for abbreviations are added by Oddworld Library).
- News Soundbite VO in Train Hijack level changed
- Ranking in PS5 leaderboards is now correct
- Fixes for several cases of Abe becoming softlocked in rare circumstances
- Fix on PC for Keyboard and Controller remapping when language is set to Russian and Japanese
The second patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released for all platforms on 7 April 2021, two days after the previous patch.
Patch notes for 1.06 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below.
- Improvements to cover in The Blimp (more to come here)
- Prevented the player being able to loop around in Phat Station and get stuck
- Abe now connects to monkey bars much more reliably (more improvements coming here too)
- Fixed Mudokons occasionally being reluctant to enter lockers
- Fixed unresponsive Sligs after they’ve been on high alert
- Slap mines will now turn on/off as expected, whichever is closest to Abe when activated
- Streamer mode timer now stops when the game is paused or focus is elsewhere (PC)
- Fixed Stoopy and Alf occupying the same space during the cutscene at the end of The Ruins
The 1.06 patch was announced on Oddworld.com alongside the release of patch 1.05, on 5 April 2021. Oddworld Inhabitants mentioned it would be released ‘
in just a few days’, reporting that its contents would include ‘
fixes for some rude Sligs that are, in rare cases, ignoring Abe and some strange behavior when Abe is turning off the timed toggle mines in a few areas’.
The third patch to Oddworld: Soulstorm was released for all platforms on 14 April 2021, one week after the previous patch.
Patch notes for 1.07 were published on Oddworld.com and are quoted below (annotations for abbreviations are added by Oddworld Library).
- Mudokons now throw given items at Sligs after dying and reloading a save
- Improvements to Slig AI
- Spender statistic can now be improved on repeated playthroughs
- Fixed control lockup in levels with many flares
- Door interaction is now prioritized over pickpocketing
- Mudokon Followers will follow Abe regardless of how far Abe gets from them
- Restart Level from the Pause Menu now has a confirmation step
- Fixed Sawblade getting stuck in the down position in Necrum, which was blocking progress
- The Good Ending video will now play when conditions are right
- Explosions now explode more reliably
- Cured Mudokon followers no longer show prompt to be Healed a second time when hit by Sligs
- Removed option to Continue to the next level from the End of Level Summary screen when in Level Select mode. This was a bug, Level Select mode is supposed to be self-contained levels!
- Tweaked cover in The Blimp level so that it is easier to avoid being hit
- Rebalanced Slig Mama to make it easier to complete the Hijack the Train level.
- Changed the counter for savable Mudokons in The Ruins so that it now shows the correct figure of 200.
- The game will no longer crash when run on systems set to Arabic.
The 1.07 patch was announced on Oddworld.com alongside the release of patch 1.06, on 7 April 2021. Oddworld Inhabitants mentioned it would be released ‘
within the next few days’, reporting that its contents would include ‘
improvements to Sligs in The Blimp and some unexpected Mudokon behavior in one of the very late levels being fixed’.
The 1.08 patch was announced on Oddworld.com alongside the release of patch 1.07, on 14 April 2021. Oddworld Inhabitants did not mention a release window for it, but reported that its contents would include ‘
an option for players to turn off the HUD and Rewards Badges pop ups’ (annotations for abbreviations added by Oddworld Library).