Alex Carroll is a UK video game developer who has worked on multiple Oddworld videogames.
Carroll was one of the co-founders of videogame review website TheSixthAxis, and was the site's top reviewer of PlayStation games. Lorne Lanning got to know him during the development of Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty. Refering to Carroll's role in the development of Oddworld: Soulstorm, Lanning described him as having ‘
brought an amazing effort in a lot of areas’, but was particularly struck by his ability to analyse bugs from the perspective of a reviewer and weight them by significance to the average player, in contrast to Lanning's personal passions on the project.
Lanning praised him during an interview with Insomniac Games' Ted Price, during which paraphrased Carroll as saying things like ‘
If we don't fix this bug, we're still in this percentile Metacritic; if you don't fix this other bug, you're down 10 points.’.
|Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty||Just Add Water (Developments), Ltd.||Website, Marketing & Video|
|Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Mobile||Oddworld Inhabitants||Special Thanks|
|Oddworld: Soulstorm||Oscar Mike Media||Lead Technical Designer|
Oddworld: Abe's Origins
Carroll was thanked by the authors of Oddworld: Abe's Origins, Stace Harman and John Robertson, on page 279 of the art book. Along with Bee Wakefield and Peter Chapman, he was thanked for having ‘
worked hard to both support the creation of this book and to get it off of the ground in the first place. You have our thanks as partners and friends.’
- Price, Ted (). ‘Oddworld with Lorne Lanning’. Game Maker's Notebook. Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. Recorded .
- Oddworld Inhabitants (). ‘Credits’. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty. Sony PlayStation 4.
- Oddworld Inhabitants (). ‘Credits’. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Mobile. Apple iOS.
- Oddworld Inhabitants (). ‘Credits’. Oddworld: Soulstorm. Sony PlayStation 5.
- Harman, Stace & Robertson, John (). Page 279. Oddworld: Abe's Origins. Independent By Design.