Róbert Zelei (born 14 October, 1988), better known as dripik on Oddworld Forums or as OldNile on other websites, is an Oddworld fan from Hungary and moderator of Fan Corner on the Oddworld Forums. He is currently studying English literature at Eötvös Loránd University Faculty of Humanities, and enjoys classic rock music, cycling, translating and writing.
Oddworld fan history
Dripik first got acquainted with the Oddworld games in 2002, when he made a purchase of a local gaming magazine, PC Guru. That issue included a free copy of Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, the second game of the series. After getting through the claustrophobic, murky levels of the first area, and seeing some of the cut-scenes, he got interested in the series and began to look into the rest of the Oddworld games. During the summer of 2002, in his search for information on the official Oddworld website, he found a link to Oddchat, an internet chatroom for Oddworld fans. After getting acquainted with some other fans, he was recommended to check out Oddworld Forums, where the majority of the people frequenting Oddchat were already members.
After registering at the Forums under the screenname "dripik", he first did smaller contributions to the General Discussion section, including the creation of a thread about the favourite Oddworld characters of Forums members. During the autumn of 2002, dripik became interested in the RPG section of the Forums and attempted to join an RP game, but due to the low turn-out, the thread eventually died.  It was then when he decided to start an RP thread of his own, hoping it would work out better than most of the role-playing threads he had seen in the RPG section, most of which were struggling because of low activity. On 4 October, 2002, dripik started the thread Work at Rupture Farms, an RP loosely based on the iconic meat processing plant seen in Abe's Oddysee. The thread, often simply referred to as "W@RF", proved to be a popular idea, and managed to survive, with periods of scheduled inactivity, for nearly a decade. Its end was officially announced on 24 January 2011.
W@RF also inspired members to create threads in the Fan Corner section. The earliest thread was dedicated to artwork related to the characters of the RP, in which dripik posted a couple of sketches made on his own characters. Later on, he created the second part of the thread, which initially functioned as a collection of the pictures salvaged from the first thread (most of the links got broken or the pictures themselves have been removed). The second art thread also became to host a series of Paint comics made by dripik, based on the storyline of W@RF. Apart from visual art, dripik began writing the illustrated back-story of one of his RP characters, under the title "The Robotic Guard". 
At this point, dripik's attention shifted from the RPG section to Fan Corner, where he participated in a number of art-related forum games. Among them were the series "Who Wants To Make A Comic?" and "Wars of the Art", both dedicated to hosting comics jointly made by multiple members. He also created a thread for his comic series titled "Exchange Alien" in Non-Oddworld Art and Literature.
Member of staff
Dripik was appointed moderator of Fan Corner on 22 September, 2010.
|Moderator||Fan Corner||22 September 2010||Still Active|
Annual Oddworld Forums Poster Awards
Dripik has won the following Poster Awards in the following years:
- General Drippik (4 October 2002). 'Situation role playing game - Again!' thread. Oddworld RPG. Oddworld Forums.
- dripik (4 October 2002). ‘Work at Rupture Farms’. Oddworld RPG. Oddworld Forums.
- Splat (24 January 2011). Post 346 in ‘Work at Rupture Farms (v.10)’. Oddworld RPG. Oddworld Forums.
- tybie_odd (12 November 2002). 'Rpg Cc Fan Art'. Fan Corner. Oddworld Forums.
- dripik (22 July 2005). 'Rpg Cc Fan Art (v.2.)'. Fan Corner. Oddworld Forums.
- dripik (10 June 2007). 'The Robotic Guard'. Fan Corner. Oddworld Forums.
- T-nex (10 March 2006). 'Who Wants To Make A Comic?'. Non-Oddworld Art and Literature. Oddworld Forums.
- T-nex (4 May 2006). 'Wars of the Art'. Non-Oddworld Art and Literature. Oddworld Forums.
- dripik (10 April 2008). 'Exchange Alien'. Non-Oddworld Art and Literature. Oddworld Forums.
- Max the Mug (22 September 2010). 'Staff changes and rules revamp'. Forum Suggestions and Help. Oddworld Forums.